COVID-19 update - How our services are affected
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
As further easing of restrictions are now in place, we have put our services back to normal running*. With the revised social distancing measure of 1m+ (the plus being that everyone should be wearing a face covering, should not face each other and keep windows open) we can now add more capacity too. Our double decked buses are now able to safely carry around 40 people, full sized single deckers about 20 people, and our midi buses can welcome about 15 on board. In fact, many journeys have plenty of space available, and we are waiting to welcome back our customers.
The message from Government about using public transport has now changed and they are advising that people may use public transport if it's not possible to walk or cycle.
When travelling on public transport, it is important that passengers continue to follow the latest government guidance to ensure they use public transport safely. This includes:
- Planning your journey in advance and avoiding the busiest routes, as well as busy times like the rush hour
- Wear a face covering unless you are exempt for age, health or equality reasons
- Maintaining social distancing guidance
- Washing or sanitising your hands regularly
- Be considerate to fellow passengers and staff
We will continue to do everything we can to keep our staff and customers safe as the demand for travelling on our buses increases. Among our enhanced measures in place are:
- Encouraging social distancing whilst waiting at bus stops and on the bus by indicating which seats to use
- Buses being thoroughly cleaned and disinfected each evening, with additional cleaning of commonly touched areas during the day
- Encouraging contactless payments or prepaid tickets - cash can be used but to avoid cross-contamination we are not giving change
- Hand-sanitiser dispensers available for passenger use on all buses
*On Service 459, the journey from Heathrow at 0838 daily continues to be suspended for operational reasons.
keeping you informed
Updates on Covid-19 and our buses can be found on our website and app. Normal service updates can still be found online and via our social media channels – although we will also use social media to post any updates around Covid-19 and our services too.
If you feel unwell we would advise that you follow NHS guidelines on self-isolating and do not travel. We are operating a cashless policy during this time and request you to travel by contactless, smartcard and using our mobile app.
We appreciate your patience during this challenging time, and recommend that if anyone has any concerns regarding their health, to follow the official advice which can be found at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.