Courtney Buses is an award-winning bus company serving the Thames Valley with a mixture of commercial services and contracts to local authorities and private business parks.
We are looking for a skilled PCV mechanic to carry out inspections and repairs on a variety of vehicles.
- Diagnosis and repair of vehicles with a right first-time attitude
- Carrying out pre-MOT inspections to a high standard
- Servicing of vehicles to a high standard
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment
- Carry out scheduled safety inspections and report any rectifications
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
- To provide the Head of Engineering with the necessary accurate information to ensure that performance indicators are being achieved.
Qualifications and knowledge:
- C&G or NVQ3 Vehicle Technician qualification
- Computer based diagnostics
- Air brake systems
- Good understanding of health and safety issues in a workshop environment
- Clean driving licence – a PCV licence would be an advantage
Should be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good verbal communication skills
Benefits we can offer:
- Brand new workshop facilities
- Average fleet age of 4 to 5 years
- Free travel on Courtney Buses and Reading Buses
- Company pension scheme (after 3 months)
You must have a flexible and reliable attitude and be experienced in the workshop environment.
The working week will average 40 hours and will include some Saturday, Sunday and public holiday work. Shift pattern is four days on with four rest days followed. Basic salary around £40,000pa depending on experience.
To apply send a CV and Cover letter to [email protected]